26.7.14

Dupe | Are These the Best Concealers for Crease-Free Under Eyes?

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer  in Custard and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium

Both Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer are very popular among the beauty influencers. Having tried both of these I am not surprise why many people like them. Personally, my criteria for a good concealer are as follow: good covering my dark circles with a brightening effect, and does not crease or look cakey. Usually, I prefer using liquid concealer to cream concealer as the texture is not as heavy which means that they don't crease under my eyes as much.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is very expensive at £23 whilst Collection Lasting Perfection concealer is only £4.19. If you are thinking about spending £23 on Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, you might want to give this comparison review a little read as it might save you a lot of money!

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer  in Custard and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium

Applicator - The wands on Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer both have doe foot applicators.

The doe foot applicator on Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is slightly larger and longer. The wand collects way too much product and the excess needs to be scraped off before each use. This can get very annoying as the product collects around the lid, making it very messy.

Whilst, the doe foot applicator from the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is slightly smaller so it doesn't collect an excessive amount of product on the wand.

I find that despite the difference in the wand, they can be used to apply onto the skin in a very similar way.

Packaging - Both of these have their disadvantages. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer comes in a rectangle plastic tube with Nars' iconic black rubbery texture on the handle. I prefer Nars' classic look and enjoy its shape as it can't roll off my makeup table. Personally, I don't have an issue with Nars' black rubbery texture but some people might find it difficult to keep clean.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer's packaging is perfectly practical but the texts on the packaging tends to rub off after a few months of being left in a makeup bag.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer  in Custard and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium

Shade - With vast range of 16 shades is undoubtedly where Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer wins. The shade I went for is Custard as has a yellow tone for light to medium complexion, which seems to be a good fit for my skin tone.

On the other hand, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer comes in 4 shades; Light, Cool Medium, Warm Medium and Dark. This means that it's quite difficult to find the perfect shade. I tested this product when Collection had stocked 3 shades and I normally use the shade Medium. So, I am not sure if it was Cool or Warm version. I disliked that this Medium shade added a grey tone to my face (one of the main reason why I strayed from Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer).

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer  in Custard and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium

Consistency - Both Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer has the same thick creamy consistency that is very easy to blend. In all honesty, I can barely tell them apart and I am sitting here with them on either side of my face. 

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer vs. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer vs. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

Result - Excuse the scary red looking under eyes...my eyes are being very sensitive. 
Although, they don't completely cover the dark circles but they make a visible difference. Usually, the thick consistency they tend to settle and crease under my eyes throughout the day. As you can see from the picture that the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer already started to settle into the fine lines whilst the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer blurs them out. If you encounter this problem, I suggest combatting it with a little setting powder. 

For me, Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is true to its name and appears to give a radiant looking effect. Whilst its slightly yellower tone works better with my Asian skin tone. 

Repurchase? -  I have repurchased Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer many times. I can see that there is not much of a visible difference between Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. 

Personally, I enjoy the brightening effect of Nars' and I think that it does a very good job at concealing my dark circles without leaving the dreaded creases. The main reason why I will always repurchase Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer would be the subtle difference in the yellow undertone compared to the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. Nars is definitely one of my everyday makeup staple.  

What do you think? Have you tried both of these?
Which one do you prefer?

Get Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer from SpaceNK, John Lewis, Look Fantastic, House of Fraser.
Get Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer from Boots, Superdrug.  

Don't forget to follow me on:
Facebook | BlogLovin' | Twitter | YouTube

1 comment: