3.11.17

Beauty | Best Eyelash Curlers for Stubborn Lashes?

The most important tool in my makeup bag has to be the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. There hasn't been a day gone by since I bought the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler that I haven't used it. I love it so much, I decided to purchase the Shu Uemura S-Curler to try as well. Although, it is a fairly new addition to me, I feel like I have used it enough to make a comparison.

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler and Shu Uemura S-Curler
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler | Shu Uemura S-Curler | Both £20
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler - Before trying Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, I thought there was no saving my lashes. I was near the point of giving up on them because they were always so flat looking. The old eyelash curler I was using would curl my lashes but the curl would drop after about 10 minutes. Alas, I plucked up the courage and purchase the holy grail item for many girls with short, straight, Asian lashes and I have never looked back. I love how the metal framed fit the curve of my eyes perfectly without pulling and tucking at my eye lid. It's able to grab my short lashes and just curled them to perfection. Not to mention, how the curl lasts all day!

Shu Uemura S-Curler - The mini version of the much loved Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. Mainly aimed for precision application but I bought it because I thought it would be useful for when I want to wear fake eyelashes as I always struggle to fit all my lashes and the fake eyelashes into the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. The S-Curler is amazing for using with fake lashes because it doesn't have the outer metal frame which means that it won't interfere with your fluttering lashes and give you that weird separated lashes look. Also, you can adjust the look of your curl (for example, you can curl just the middle part of your lashes for doll-like eyes). However, I can confirm that the level and longevity of the curl created with the S-Curler is as good if not better than the original as you can easily adjust the amount of curl you want. 
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler Before and After
My natural lashes | After Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler and a couple of coat of mascara

Shu Uemura S-Curler
Fake eyelashes with the use of Shu Uemura S-Curler

The problems - My one and only issue I have with the original curler is that it doesn't curl all of my lashes to the same level (as in some part of it would be more curled than the other). A problem which is solved by having the S-Curler. Having said that, there is an issue I have with the S-Curler as well. The S-Curler comes with dual rubber pads for "protective" purposes. However, the top part of the rubber pad is extremely annoying because it doesn't fit the metal frame properly and it often comes loose by itself. This means that it is in danger of getting lost somewhere in my bag. I don't really feel like that part of the rubber pad does anything as I have been using the S-Curler without having the rubber pad attached to the frame. Furthermore, if you were to use the S-Curler for everyday use, make sure you have a lot of time to do your lashes as it take you about 3 times longer. 

Who would I recommend them to? - I would recommend the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler to pretty much anyone with almond shaped eyes, people with short and straight lashes, people that have problem with finding eyelash curler that would keep your lashes curled all day. 

I would recommend the Shu Uemura S-Curler to people that often wear fake lashes and people that want freedom to create their own eyelashes "look". 

Do you need both? - Probably not. However, if you do have a spare £20 to spend on eyelash curler. I would suggest you get the original one because it's fuss-free eyelash curler that gives amazing result.
 
Would I repurchase? - I would buy another Shu Uemura original Eyelash Curler again in a heart beat, but I'm not sure whether I would buy the S-Curler again because I don't use it as much as the original one. It's one of those things that you can live without but it's still nice to have. 

What is your holy grail beauty tool?

Don't forget to follow me on:
Facebook | BlogLovin' | Twitter | YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment