2.11.17

Beauty | Best Full Coverage Foundation for Dry Skin

Foundation has always been one of my weaknesses. Back in 2012, it was the only makeup product that I could be bothered with trying and buying. The reason was because I thought that it doesn't really matter what the rest of your face look like as long as your skin looks amazing. That, and I wanted to find foundation that could cover my dry patches. Of course, the first place I visited was MAC.

MAC Studio Sculpt SPF15 Foundation NC25
MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation | MAC Website | £25

Studio Sculpt SPF15 Foundation 
- I'm using the shade NC25, this was a self match way back in 2012 but I haven't even open it until mid 2013. This foundation has SPF 15 which is great for protecting skin against sun damaged but this can be a little bit problematic when taking flash-photography. 

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation has a creamy gel-based consistency which works great for people with dry skin because it is quite hydrating and it glides over all the dry patches. The coverage is medium to high. It is very buildable

I normally liked to save this foundation for when I know that I'd be out drinking as alcohol makes my skin (from my face to my arms and sometimes my legs) goes red and blotchy. This is the only foundation that I've found that could cover all that redness without making me look cakey. The pain of being Asian and having low tolerance towards alcohol eh? 

What I really like about this foundation is the finish! Studio Sculpt foundation has a satin-finish which means that whilst wearing this, my skin looks very smooth and dewy. I have been trying out this foundation for a while and most of the time that I do wear it, it is usually for a long period of time. I have discovered that this foundation can last all day without touch-up and it doesn't budge at all. Not even when you are in a sweaty situation...(I'm talking about dancing here).

MAC | Studio Sculpt SPF15 Foundation NC25 on dry skin
MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation | LINK | £25

This foundation can be applied with your fingers or with a brush. Personally, I've never really like using my fingers to apply my foundation because I hate getting my hands dirty and I find that it doesn't give a very smooth finish. Recently, I have been using Real Technique Buffing brush to apply this foundation because it gives a smoother and more even finish as this foundation can be quite messy due to its thick consistency. Alternatively, you can also apply this foundation with a wet sponge to achieve a lighter coverage for everyday wear. I just think that this foundation is amazingly versatile, you can use it for light, medium and high coverage and for both day and night. What is not to love?

Who would I recommend this to? - I think people with dry skin will be able to appreciate this foundation more than people with oily skin as Studio Sculpt has a very dewy finish. So, if you have dry skin and looking for a foundation that could cover dry patches as well as redness with high coverage and a dewy finish. I think this foundation could be perfect for you. However, if you are low on the budget and not bothered with high coverage foundation, then I would recommend Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. If you have oily skin, why don't you try MAC Studio Fix Powder instead?

Would I repurchase this? - The answer has to be a yes, even though it will be a very long time before that happens considering a little of this foundation goes a long way. Yes, it is on the expensive side of the foundation market at £25 but I honestly do think that it is worth every penny. 

What is your favourite foundation?

Don't forget to follow me on:
Facebook | BlogLovin' | Twitter | YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment