7.7.13

Fashion | I'm in love with the purple

Excuse my lack of posts in the past week, I haven't been spending that much time at home as my mum has taken some time off from working and she has been taking me around everywhere. As I haven't really seen her much this year and I will probably be seeing a lot less of her next year. I thought I would spend more time with her. Anyway, I will try and post as much as I can. 

Also, I have been trying to upload a few YouTube videos but the last couple of ones that I edited got corrupted and some part of the video went completely blank, so I have no idea what to do about that. Has this happened to anyone? Please let me know! Because it really upset me as I spend a good couple of days editing them.




I'm supporting a rather purpley look today, if you can't tell that I'm wearing purple eyeshadow too! I want a different look from my usual brown smokey eyes but I know that I'm not one to go outrageous with my eye makeup (hence the gazillion neutral palettes that I own). However, I wanted to push myself out there just a little bit. So, I decided to use the Purple Haze eyeshadow from Sleek Snapshots palette to line my eyes then teamed it up with black eyeliner for a more intense look. I used the Lotus Flower (shimmery purple) from the same palette to draw some light to my rather small eyes and to give it a little bit of a pizzazz. I would highly recommend this look for people that want to experiment with colours without looking too out there. I have always lived by the 'eyes or lips but never both' kind of technique, so I obviously toned down the lips by using a rather neutral pink shade (Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial). Since, this is such a young pastely look, pink glowy cheeks is a must! I'm using Stila Convertible Colour Lips and Cheeks Duo in Cherry Blossom.


Dress from Miss Selfridge and Sandals from Steve Madden. 

Possibly the first outfit of the day outside...but yeah, this has been my life for a couple weeks. Fish and Chips and ice cream at the seaside. Pure bliss! Hope you have all enjoying this heat wave!
What is your favourite thing to do during summer?!

Don't forget to follow me on:
BlogLovin', Twitter, YouTube

25 comments:

  1. Your dress and make-up are absolutely gorgeous :)
    http://lemonadebudget.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My summer color of 2013 is totally
    lila so I definitely loving your
    makeup and that dress! You look
    really lovely while holding those
    ice cream :P Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, I don't know why I was calling lilac, purple.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I really love your outfit! The ice cream looks delicious.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was all good until the ice cream started to melt all down my hand :p
      xx

      Delete
  4. gorgeous! I looove your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute!! :) i hope you get to spend more time w/your mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your skin looks amazing! You look very pretty in the dress, I want to go to the seasside too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I live near the seaside so it's quite easy for me :)
      xx

      Delete
  8. I've just discovered your blog and I'm totally in love with it! The dress looks so chic!

    Sandra - The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So happy you like my blog :)
      xx

      Delete
  9. You have such beautiful features.

    I was surprised when I read you're wearing one of the Rimmel Apocalips shades. I nearly ran scared when I picked one up in Boots a few months ago because it just looked so incredibly pigmented. Somehow, I'd never thought they could be toned down a little bit.

    I think I'd like to try the shade you're wearing.

    Sej
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're adorable and I love your natural makeup and that dress!
    I've wanted to get Apocalips in Celestial but was unsure of the vibrant-ness but it really does suit you & I love it (:

    The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new follower on Bloglovin' & GFC (:

      Delete
  11. you are suppppper pretty ! nice blog !

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a cute dress! you look so cute! xo

    louboutinsandlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete